Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a leg that does not want to support me sometimes.

Customer Question
I have a leg...

I have a leg that does not want to support me sometimes. What could be the reason? Thank you. *****: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

I have an ankle that is swollen on the same leg. That has been swollen for a long time (years). The leg will give up after sitting for a while. I have been taking asperin to hopefully improve blood flow in the leg.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I am very active and healthy 79 year old. I have never had a leg quit on me before.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having this issue with your leg

do you have pain which causes your leg to give out?

where is the weakness area? in your hip or knee or ankle?