Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just lost my session. I have been prescribed Olanzapine 5…

Customer Question
Hello I just lost...

Hello I just lost my session. I have been prescribed Olanzapine 5 mg, Clonazepam ,5 mg and Zoloft 100mg on Friday. I had been taking the zolot at 200 but the other are replacement drugs. The Olanzpine is supposed to be twice a day and I have taken it once a day and even them would like to cut it in half. The Colnazepam I have taken once a day and that seems perhaps enough. The zoloft is OK. So what do I do Must I take the full dose if it makes me feel like a total zombie? It is too much and I have family members who are sensitive to aspirin. I am also sensitive to medications. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies that I know. The meds listed...

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No he or she can ask I believe.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

who is prescribing these medications for you? your primary care doctor? psychiatrist?

what is your diagnosis? do you have bad anxiety symptoms? depression?

if the clonazepam once a day is enough, that is fine.

if the olanzapine is enough, that is fine.

Thank you! It is a psychiatrist and I was frazzled at the time. Bi polar seems to be the most recent. I am more nervous about not following his instructions than anything. But quite groggy although at least functional and I could call if more information would be helpful. I waited all day to take it. On the east coast.

let your doctor know you are doing once a day

if your bipolar symptoms get worse, you may need the olanzapine twice a day

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com