Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

I got my blood results back and need help interpreting them,

Customer Question

I got my blood results back and need help interpreting them
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Ok
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 2 months ago.

Can you attach the blood reports please? Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't seem to attach it. What I am concern about is my RDW is 16.8 and my hemoglobin is 11.7 but my MCV and MCH are normal. Also my urine analysis showed a trace of leukocyte and RBC 11-20. I have already done a CT scans and a cystoscope and urologist found nothing. I had to get blood drawn to see if I had heptatitis. It stated that I am immune to Hep B. What does that mean? My measles immunity showed <25 what does that mean?

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.An in crease in the RDW of the RBC is usually indicative of anaemia,liver disease like cirrhosis(alcoholic/non-alcoholic),your Hb% is on the lower side suggesting iron deficiency anaemia.!!-20 RBC in the urine indicate microscopic haematuria which needs further investigations.If cystoscopy and CT scan are normal,urine function tests should be checked,the cystoscopy and CT scan may need to be repeated after 3-4 months if the urine still shows so many RBC.Australia antigen positive needs to be looked into with other blood tests for Hepatitis C and others.A low immunity to measles will probably indicate the need for a booster vaccine.