Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a cpap machine and added som distilled water to it so

Customer Question

I have a cpap machine and added som distilled water to it so I am not so dryed out in the morings but since than I have woke up with a sneeze and sinus issues. Is there something I can add to the water so this does not happen or would it be best to not use the moisture in my cpap
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no this just started ths week. thought my allergies weree actiing up but I slept without my cpap night before last and had no runny nose. last night i tried it again and have the runny nose i do take allergra daily as well as flonase
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: no brething problems I got by copap two weeks ago. first week did wihtout the water, last week two times I tried the water and both morings woke up with a runn nose. went a night without out it and everything was fine now this am I slept with the water and have a runny nose again
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

What did your doctor specifically tell you to do?