Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I hav e bad arthritices in both hips and can`t walkmore than

Customer Question

I hav e bad arthritices in both hips and can`t walkmore than about 300 feet and both hips are painful. what is the best medicine for this
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: i take blood pressure med prostate and diabetic med and some vicodin for the pain which was 5/500 but my doc took it down to 5/ 325 which does not help
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: bad disc l5 and had a back stimulator put in but pain is really in both hips
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have bad arthritis

did the 3/500 help your arthritis? that drop of 500 to 325 is really in tylenol or acetamenophen dose

you can take a 200mg ibuprofen with your oxycodone 5/325 which could help your arthritis pains better.

make sure you take your pain pills with food in your stomach already, never empty stomach

and with plenty of water

and make sure you are not constipated by your oxycodone.

have you tried celexa for your arthritis?