Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Second opinion] :I ;ave s;uffered cchronic pelvic, rectum

Customer Question

Second opinion] :I ;ave s;uffered cchronic pelvic, rectum pain for 4 years. Its getting worse, I have been diiagnosed wit;h various conditions like anismus, levator ani, many other similar types of conditions. The last doctor said that it was the ileum close to the sphincter causing incredible pain and can be cured with ablation
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 4 years. The pain comes with any bowel movement which at this time I cannot go to t;he bathroom without an enema
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no. Compaining with rectal pressure since 91 I have never been treated for any gastro problems. I wake up many times in the middle of the night with horrific pain and need to go to the bathroom
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Was an anal ultrasound done? What investigations were done and what treatment was prescribed? Did the treatment help?