Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had a heart attack about 3 yrs. ago, one stint. Lately I

Customer Question

I had a heart attack about 3 yrs. ago, one stint. Lately I have had some edema in my legs (not swelling much), but on ankle seem to get wet at times. What can I do to stoop that, what remedies do I have. I live alone and no one to take me to the Dr. until this weekend.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Yes, my dad.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do have diabetes (type 2) since 1980. Birth 11 24 26.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having swelling in your legs.

you should cut out salt out of your diet

you should work on trying to elevate up your legs and ankles up above your heart in a recliner back all the way

or sideways on a 3 person sofa with your legs up on pillows to allow gravity to help pull fluid out of your legs.

if you have weakness of your heart, you may have to cut down on your fluid intake

your doctors may give you a water pill like lasix to help you pee and urinate out excessive fluid in your body if you have weakness of your heart or congestive heart failure.

the heat can cause swelling as well, so try to stay cool in hot weather.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I knew all that you told me, in your response. So, I am not satisfied with your help. Sorry about that.

what other questions do you have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry, but I am not very satisfied with information I already knew. I am happy that this was guaranteed.

I am still here willing to help and answer questions.