Shortness of breath can be due to bronchitis which can be concomitant to throat infection and sinusitis. Augmentin is a good antibiotic for these ailments.
Following measures are recommended for bronchitis:
1) Adequate rest / bed rest if symptoms are severe.
2) cough suppressants such as codeine and dextromethorphan.
3) ipratropium bromide
6) Antibiotics may be prescribed.
7) Zinc supplement; this increases the body immunity.
Having said that, in a diabetes (even if it is well controlled); shortness of breath need a thorough evaluation by a chest x-ray and pulmonary function tests.
Following measures are usually helpful for throat pain;
1) Warm saline / salt water gargles
3) Rest to throat; less talking!
4) Warm fluids; increase the fluid.
5) Tylenol or Motrin / Advil (Ibuprofen) it will take care of your pain and discomfort.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.