Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Well i wanted to know if you could get Folliculitis like a

Customer Question

Well i wanted to know if you could get Folliculitis like a STD, now I have had all of my HPV Shots and I just wanted to know if I could still get it, I had protected sex about 6 months ago and haven't been with anyone since then, so I would just like to know if that is possible and I would like to know if you could get gentile warts even if you have had your HPV shots.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: great
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience..

I understand your concern.

Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from shaving.
Bacteria often enter through a small opening of a hair follicle.
Folliculitis is usually caused by staphylococcus aureus.

As far as HPV is concerned vaccination is very effective in preventive the HPV infection and genital warts.Also the effect of vaccination are long lasting.

However the vaccination may not be effective in women who are already exposed to HPV infection.But since you are not sexually active for 6 months you should not worry about HPV.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.