Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I recently went for an abdominal MRI and it showed an sub

Customer Question

I recently went for an abdominal MRI and it showed an sub centimeter splenic hypodensity. I have been experiencing upper (right usually) abdominal pain for quite awhile and now elevated liver enzymes. I also had sarcoidosis in the past and I'm antiphospholipid snydrome pos. I take daily foundaparinux injections for my clotting problems. I also have Hashimotos disease and currently had to have a biopsy of my thyroid because the nodules became complex.and showed Hurthles cells. The biopsy showed no cancer at that time. I just wanted to know if this "issue" with the spleen is indicative with Antiphospholipid or something else. Thank you.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes I am
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Also have severe fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis, osteoarthritis, had several vein stripping done in legs due to clotting, IBS with constipation, I mean my medical list is extensive
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

most small hypodensities seen in the spleen on MRI or CT scans are due to benign hemangiomas which are abnormal blood vessel formations. and are not cancerous and usually don't grow over time.

do you have your abdominal MRI scan report? usually the MRI report will say that the doctors think the subcentimeter splenic hypodensities are most likely hemangiomas or cysts.