Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I think I got bitten on the wrist, outside near the

Customer Question

I think I got bitten on the wrist, outside near the prodruding bone. Aching into my little finger, and at the point where I see the bite marks, I think there are two.
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Nothing like that yet. What should I put on it, if anything? Heat or cold or what medication?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Other than vitamins, I take the beta blocker Metropol for blood pressure. Tylenol on occassion for minor aches and pains.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really, I'm thankfully healthy. Had a LH breast removed because of cancer 11 years ago, but am cancer free.
JA: The Doctor's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Can I just wait, and watch, hoping it doesn't get worse?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

You can do following;

1) Apply ice compresses.

2) Take Benadryl.

3) Apply Benadryl cream.

You need to visit a doctor if following appears;

a) Significant pain, or swelling or redness or tenderness.

b) Numbness or tingling.

You can wait or watch.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.