Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I don't see my epiglotis now I use to see it before,

Customer Question
I don't see my epiglotis...
I don't see my epiglotis now I use to see it before
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
7/25/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

The epiglottis is not visible. Not in the mirror.

It requires an ENT doctor with special equipment to see it, it is to far down, right next to the opening of the trachea. You must be thinking of another structure..
?

I use to see a white thing at the end of my throat before but 5 days back I felt something strange in my throat i felt it is empty
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well i understand your concern ,however as rightly pointed out by the previous expert you cant see your epiglottis without a laryngoscope.

At back of throat one only finds uvula hanging in the middle while tonsils sitting snugly on side walls which only are visible when inflammed..

If you do not have any issues with swallowing, chewing, talking and there is no pain / discomfort in your throat then nothing to worry about.

There is nothing white at back of throat in normal human anatomy unless an infection like candida is there.

So just relax.

I hope it helps ease your nerves.

Feel free to ask any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor