Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I discharge mucus and liquid from my anus whether or not I

Customer Question

I discharge mucus and liquid from my anus whether or not I fart and sometime tiny bits of poop. Also when I wipe there is occasionally blood on the paper. I have sufferred from piles in the past but did not experience mucus and liquidy discharge. I haven't been to the doctor and worried they will say it's just piles. What can I do to treat the cause myself?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Been ok, I am disabled - wheelchair bound but transfer. No stress in my life.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do suffer from constipation but try and eat a high fibre diet which helps and occasionally use Lactulose when I think i need to. My bowl movements are every other day and not major ones but throughout the day. I take iron as I am anemic and the dictor has told me to take vit d tablets which I do.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female? how old are you?

improving your diet, avoiding gluten, white flour, pasta, bread, milk and lactose, soda and alcohol and eating more protein and fruits and vegetables and fiber in your diet can help better bowel movements.

drinking more water and regular exercise can help your bowels as well.

you can use a steroid cream on external hemorrhoids like 1% hydrocortisone cream.

what are you eating daily?