Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

Second opinion] I have a bump inside my lower eyelid. It

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a bump inside my lower eyelid. It started out as red, now it looks like it has a whitehead on it. Could you tell me what it is?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: I guess it's been a week. I have been placing a warm cloth on it at night.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 2 months ago.

There are two possibilities given your symptoms -

- stye - this is usually painful and has a white point on the swelling

- chalazion - this is painless and is seen as a small round swelling on the eyelid

Treatment for both is same. Warm compresses (which you are already doing). Also, take an oral antiinflammatory like ibuprofen. If no improvement in the next 24 hours, then you might need oral antibiotics (available on prescription) or in the case of chalazion get it removed.

Regards

Hope the information was helpful

Kindly leave a positive feedback when you accept the answer, so that I can be compensated for my efforts.

Regards