DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I was told I have grinding bones,torn ligament and a cyst in

Customer Question

I was told I have grinding bones,torn ligament and a cyst in my right knee.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: My right knee appears to be twice their size of them left. I can honestly say they right knee hurts like heck and has no strength
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: he knows everything. I went to a surgeon and he said there would be no surgery.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

I understand the problem.

So what is your question about the knee?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is their best way to get rid of them cyst.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you get it removed or drained
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

It requires a surgical repair at this point.

The torn ligament needs to be repaired.

Cysts can be removed, but usually it is not the cyst that is the problem, the cyst is usually the result of other knee damage.

Arthroscopy [scope in the knee] with repair through the scope as indicated would be a standard practice.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.