Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I'm a 42 year old female, I have a lot of medical issues.

Customer Question

Hi I'm a 42 year old female, I have a lot of medical issues. Like I've had history of thyroid cancer, spine surgery, depression and anxiety. I am in severe back pain daily, with pain in one leg or other, muscle spasms severe. Bladder problems etc.. I get Norco, Xanax and lyrica from doctor. I took random drug (urine) test just the other day noticed creatatine<--? Level was 269mg/d.l which is HIGH for female right? I of course pass drug test. Contact my doctor to discuss possible kidney problems because of spinal, leg pain, joint pain, edema issues (swelling in face, ankles, feet) she says that level has no connection to serum creatatine and she doesn't think I have any kidney issues. From what I read it does show signs my kidneys may have a problem. Should I get a second opinion? Or am I adding up to nothing?
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: I have had back problems for years, but even when I take medication it seems worse. I said I contacted my doctor but her answer is why I'm trying to get a second opinion. Don't want to end up with renal failure after taking advice from just one person.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have new mass/lesion in breast for year they are retesting watching grow every six months. lyphnodes in my throat and armpits swollen maybe from thyroid cancer.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

normal creatinine for women should be between 0.6 to 1.1 mg/dL for women from blood tests.

normal urine random creatinine urine levels for women older than 12 Years of age can be 20-320mg/dL

so 269 is in the normal range of urine creatinine levels.

you can see here

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter/TestDetail.action?ntc=8459

blood creatinine levels are what are looked at to check for kidney problems

kidney problems will cause elevations of your blood creatinine levels

let me know if you have questions.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com