Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

Can siblingship DNA test results be incorrect with smaller

Customer Question

Can siblingship DNA test results be incorrect with smaller population size?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had a siblingship test done three years ago and stated that I was African American. However I'm from a small island nation with a population of 350,000. Would that information have made s difference in the results?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 months ago.
This sounds like ancestry testing and not siblingship. What exactly was the test?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was meant to determine whether my two sons share the same father. It was done using only the two boys.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Moresi, it was meant to prove that they do not share the same father as I had not been with my ex for quite some time.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 months ago.
The small population size does not alter the testing. But you may have African American DNA no matter where you are from.