Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am diagnosed with Macrocytic Anemia HGB10.3:MCV115. Have

Customer Question

I am diagnosed with Macrocytic Anemia HGB10.3:MCV115. Have been treated with injections of Aranesp and Neupogen (both injections in arms)
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I am diagnosed with Anemia, Macrocytic. Have had several weeks injections with Aranesp and Neupogen. Will receive this Friday both shots for the last time. In case no success from the bone marrow, i will receive chemo. I am scared for chemo (will not get the kind where you lose your hair} but can you tell me I should stop the treatment or continue chemo. Have a great hemotologist. I am almost 84 years old.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: They took bone marrow out of my back. Red platelets in blood are large.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

I understand your concerns.
What is your diagnosis --MDS or myelodysplastic syndrome?
In that case, you do not need to go for chemo as long as you do not have significant symptoms like extreme fatigue, heart problem or bleeding problem.
Do you have any such symptoms?
Symptomatic treatment with blood transfusions for example should be adequate in that case.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-basu/