Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been experiencing constant pain in the right lower

Customer Question

Hello, I have been experiencing constant pain in the right lower quadrant of my abdomen for almost eight months. I have been to the emergency room three times for this and have received different answers each time. A primary care doctor recently called it IBS, and I hate to question his judgment, but I'm not sure if that's entirely true. Could you perhaps tell me what you think it could likely be? Thank you.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since January. Nothing in particular seems to make it better or worse. It's just always there.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been told before that I have PCOS. Also, at one of the emergency room visits, the doctor said that my appendix was inflamed but didn't need to be taken out, and that there was fluid around my right ovary, as well as elevated liver amylases.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Sorry to her about your ongoing issues.
Besides pain, do you have any constipation, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting problem?
Any problem with urination?
Right lower quadrant pain can be due to the various causes like diverticulitis, ovarian cysts, kidney stone for example.
Did you have any CT scan with contrast? If so, when?