Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

What does it mean if you have calcification of your

Customer Question

what does it mean if you have calcification of your appendix, showed up on ct scan, do i need to remove my appendix?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: pain on my right side, also goes to my back a little bit, feeling nauseous, can't eat
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: no injuries , although i had recent kidney stone and that is why the ct was done to see if i still had the kidney stone, kidney stone is not there anymore but the calcification of the appendix showed up
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: just not feeling well , pain on and off for awhile , nausea , more pain with any movement, just came from urologist this morning for those results
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

just click send to reply