Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am writing in hopes that you would please give me your

Customer Question

Good Morning Doctors! I am writing in hopes that you would please give me your honest true to heart opinion on what I should do. I am very frightened of what to expect. I will try to be brief while I still feel the need to let you know what has happened. I am about to suddenly run out of medicine. (Opiates) 18 years ago I was in an auto accident and was seriously hurt. They wanted to amputate my entire left leg, my right foot and my left eye. Lost count on how many surgeries from head to toe. I kept my body parts
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Many surgeries from head to toe, I have been on Morphine, Oxycontin and Fentynil patches. Well, I did something very stupid. I tried some medical marijuana and it showed up positive THC. He dropped me instantly! After 18 yr.s of being my doctor. No referral, no wean off prescription to take me off of the med.s slowly and much more safe and probably a bit more comfortable to go through it. I have not been able to find a doctor in the area that will even consider pain med.s. You see, it makes more sense to me to use the med. marijuana for pain as opposed to all of the chemicals of the man made poison opiates. I don't know if I can live with the pain I have every day or if the med. marij. would help with the pain enough. Also want to add that I have a spinal cord stimulator as well. I also need Lyrica for the nerve pain. I can't find a doctor that will prescribe pain medicine for me. I have to ask you what you know about this....... In MI, can a person go to a walk in clinic and ask a doctor to prescribe a wean off script for opiates or maybe even an emergency room maybe. I would love nothing more than to not need to use pain medicine of any kind. I don't know if 18 years is enough for me to live any kind of life. PLease tell what you recommend . I am very frightened!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Sure, I am a recovering alcoholic of 18 + years now. I quit smoking 10+ years ago. I have high blood pressure. I also take trazadone (50mg) at bed time to help get some sleep. Can't sleep at all without. My discomfort keeps me from sleeping. There is something else, I also had a brain anyurism after the accident. Still have a lot of pain on my scalp just from laying on my head when lying down from this. I have more pain elsewhere. Feet, leg ,hips, back, neck is very painful.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

Basically, it is the same routine regardless of the state.

You need to find a pain management doctor, sign a contract as to what your responsibilities are in the practice, and get pain management.

I am not sure exactly what you are asking however, is that your question?