Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am a scared my boyfriend developed a rash and was given

Customer Question

Hey I am a scared my boyfriend developed a rash and was given ointment to treat the itch eventually the itch got really bad and he was told he has scabies
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: none he went to the ER yesterday I have not bumps just been itching all over don't know if im just anxious and paranoid
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: his gotten worst can I have it and not show symptoms thou and will the doctors be able to detect it with no dumps or rash
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have Gastro-reflux issues can I get that infecting from an intestinal problem
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 3 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Basically anyone in the family of someone with scabies (and that would include you and your boyfriend) needs to be treated so you need to see your doctor for a prescription for Permethrin cream

Please let me know if you need any more information