Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now Dyspareunia or painful sexual intercourse can be due to a number of conditions. It depends on when you actually have the pain during sexual intercourse, for example, pain during engtry can be due to,
- Insufficient lubrication
- Injury, trauma or irritation
- Inflammation or an infection in the vagina or the cervix
- Vaginismus which is an involuntary spasm of the muscles of the vaginal wall
If the pain occurs more during deep penetration then the following causes could be present,
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Cystitis which is an infection of the bladder
- Ovarian cysts
- Past history of pelvic surgery
- Irregularly shaped uterus
Sometimes the cause is more emotional than physical and itv can include,
Now given the past history of irregular periods and also the history, it is possible that you could have endometriosis and it would be advisable that you do have this evaluated by getting a pelvic examination, ultrasound and urine tests done.
Do you have any more questions?
Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,