Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had gential warts in 2011. Had surgery to have them

Customer Question

Hi. I had gential warts in 2011. Had surgery to have them removed. Than again in 2012 I had a few. They were also removed. Do I still have the HPV virus?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I saw a gynecologist. I have never been put on any medicines. Just had surgery to have the frst ones removed and the second ones were cut off in the doctors office
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take a blood presure medicine at night. No I am not allergic to any.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have PCOS
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes you still have HPV virus because once you get infected, the virus stays in the body forever. It either remains dormant (inactive) or active like it was in your case in 2011 and 2012. It flares up whenever you have low immunity. So keep your immunity boosted by taking any over the counter available multivitamin tablet daily and that's all you need to do. Don't stress yourself for long term damage because not everyone get them and in your case virus hasn't shown up in last 5 years so this is good sign. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards