The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

If i have dysfunctional tube problem on my ear is okay i

Customer Question

if i have dysfunctional tube problem on my ear is okay i don't do surgery
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: can't hear plug ear
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: plug ears left and feel wax. If i have dysfunctional ear problem is okay i don't want to have surgery done
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: just plug ear
Category: Medical
Expert:  The Physician replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com.

I am an Emergency physician with over 25 years multi-disciplinary experience.

I am going to be your expert in this question.
However, I would like a few more information from you to help streamline your answer

How long have you had this plugged ear?

Do You swim?

Do you have any other associated symptoms like dizziness?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No symptom just left year plug I don't swim dysfunctional ear trouble is ok I don't need surgery

In your case it is best to treat the blockage using medications first.

These are mostly decongestants which acts to shrink the membranes lining the nose and throat, allowing the ears to equalize more easily. Similarly, people experiencing chronic daily problems with Eustachian tube dysfunction can benefit by aggressive control of allergies using a combinations of Antihistamins (Zyetec, Allegra and Clarithine), with decongestants like Pseudoephedrine, and including prescription nasal sprays like flonase.

If used at the same time the combination is effective

S​urgery is usually reserved for cases in which In severe symptoms like dizziness, tinnitus or pain complicated daily living. In the Surgery, a "pressure equalization tube" (PET) can be surgically placed in the eardrum, replacing the role of a functioning Eustachian tube, and thus guaranteeing equalization of middle ear pressure.

Most often it is not necessary in Adults, but is most commonly done in young children who experience recurrent ear infections as a consequence.

Thank you for making it Justanswer.com.

Please remember to click the accept button and rate me before you close. If there are any other clarification you would like, please let us know.