Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

How FREQUENTLY can ur knee be aspirated without harmful side

Customer Question
effects. I have torn meniscus...
How FREQUENTLY can ur knee be aspirated without harmful side effects. I have torn meniscus and receiving physical therapy, ice and Advil.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Very noticeable. Had it drained and cortisone injection 3 weeks ago. Now is swollen again
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No . Excellent health. Avid fitness, golf
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
7/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Sounds like you've got a bad case of bursitis there

The knee can be aspirated and drained as many times as is necessary with no harm done but a cortisone injection should only be given about every two months

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor