How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find a doctor in Florida who will prescribe

Customer Question

how can I find a doctor in Florida who will prescribe oxycodone. I went through so many drugs before the doctor found the right strengh to allow me to move and take care of myself and my husband, now I am told no more! Nothing else works.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My doctors all refuse to give any opiods. I have bleeding ulcers so I can not take nsaids. I need back surgery and knee surgery but am not sure I will be able to tolerate the pain after. I am on several drugs for a variety of health issues. Tylenol does not help with the pain I have.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am allergic to most antibiotics. I take B-12, folic acid, lisinopril,pantoprazole, trazodone and benadryl at bedtime.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: history of osteomyelitis in both feet with multiple surgeries. need total left knee replaced, need back surgery. Have PE that is not being treated due to bleeding ulcers.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

There is no such thing as finding a doctor based on the fact that they are going to give you an opiate. That procedure would be illegal and no doctor would ever advertize such, nor even think that way, unless they wanted to lose their license, career and maybe go to jail.

That , I know, is not exactly your question. I think you are asking how do you get pain management. To answer that, I need to know some things:

What is the underlying condition?

What has been done.

What type of doctor is taking care of you?