Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have red sores inside the vagina wall that itches which

Customer Question

i have red sores inside the vagina wall that itches which bleeds. sometimes feels inflamed
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It's been a couple of months. moved to a hot place which makes me sweat a lot. very itchy all the time and need to keep placing a hot and cold washcloth over area
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 63 years old and have very dry skin, scalp and anal area
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concerns but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, the most likely cause of these symptoms is a fungal infection. Such infections occur secondary to the sweating and humid environment. Don't worry, I will address your concerns in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned, you can use over the counter available clotrimazole vaginal cream twice daily for 2 weeks. Always wash the area with soap and water and let it dry in open air before applying the cream. Lastly take over the counter available tablet claritin once daily for 2 weeks and tablet Aleve twice daily for 5 days. If symptoms persist, see your doctor as you may need oral drugs to treat this but hopefully this will not be required and you will feel better soon .I wish you good luck and that get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less than that, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards