Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

What should I do

Customer Question

What should I do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Hello again,

I posted the reply in the other thread but ill post it here again,

1 ml of FERRO LIQUID contains 6 mg of elemental iron, so that means that she is on 30 mg of elemental iron twice a day.

One tablet of FERROUS SULFATE tablet contains 65 mg of elemental iron. So simply put your daughter can be started on HALF a tablet of ferrous sulfate twice a day.

You can confirm this dose with your doctor but this dose can be administered until you have the ferro liquid available. He can also prescribe the tablets instead of the liquid so that your daughter's iron supplementation can continue.

The folic acid can be continued in the same dose if that is available.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/