Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have severe Upper abdominal pain, in the centre so liver

Customer Question

I have severe Upper abdominal pain, in the centre so liver or stomach. It's been like this for a week and I am petrified I have a perforated stomach ulcer. I can't see the doctors until Monday...
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: For just under a week. No vomiting although early on I was slightly nauseous
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was given landoprazole as I was suffering from abdominal pain which I stopped taking a few months back as I felt better. That's pretty much it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that. Does the pain feel like burning, sharp or dull ? Does it radiate to your back ? Is it more towards centre- left upper half?

It sounds like a stomach pain. You should take omeprazole available OTC. You may take acetaminophen available OTC ( tylenol) for pain relief.

Upper abdominal pain could be due to

1. Acute gastritis

2. Pancreatitis

3. Gall bladder pain.

If above measures fail to help improve the pain then i will recommend an urgent visit to ER for possible opioid shot and few tests.

hope it answered your query.

Feel free to ask any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing