DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have a sick feeling in my left side under the rib cage -

Customer Question

I have a sick feeling in my left side under the rib cage - feel lethargic -- & unwell - headaches have had hepatitis twice - drink 2 glasses of wine per day - is this affecting my liver ??
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily - l also have Coeliac disease
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Feel week - no energy for daily tasks - where in my body is the liver situated ??
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

This area is usually painful from stomach ulcer or pancreatitis.

With this degree of illness, this can be serious.

This is not a simple question and answer situation and you need an exam.

Urgent care would be good at this point.

Pancreatitis in particularly can become life threatening, as can a bleeding ulcer.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.