Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a question - I sufer severe migraines and have

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question - I sufer severe migraines and have RAthritis. The doctor I have been seeing this year has beeb good, but is away a lot and then I am not getting the care I need. She has prescribed my Hydomorphine (dialogued 4mg) I get 2 tablet every 5 days. Due to the severity of my migraines this has not been enough due to the increase and severity in migraines. I started seeing a new doctor who is resting me seriously and have presc=cribed tar gin 1 in morning and 1 in night. He said to keep everything above board he needs to apply for this treatment program for me with the 'chief of someone' - would my first doctor have already done this to prescribe the dialouide? and if so how do I knwo> I don't want to go to her and tell her i don't want to see her anymore - how can I find out what has bwwn applied for me etc? thanks you
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: headache has been going on for years and daily every month or so I get cluster migraines where I am blinded vomiting loss of vision etc. I have tried numerous amounts of beta blockers, I have a new neurologist appointment in october
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have RA and a umber of years ago struggled with with chronic pain for extended periods of time - i ended up on the suboxone program to come off the oxycontin but it wasn't week managed.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Anything your first doctor filed would still be on file.
Did you ask your new doctor to check?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i haven't he did check to make sure i havent been doctor shopping (which i haven't) i hav sonly had 2 prescriptions with the first doctor i am not sure if she has filled out report to the 'chief…) is there a way. I don't want to get into trouble, if she hs done that is there a way I cancel it so I can be treated with the new doctor? i have felt better than i have in months but want to do it above board. Is there a way to see what is in place for me?\
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you able to check? then I will pay the $70 if you can see what is there on me
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

No.

I think this has become a legal question at this point.

I will send it to a moderator to change the category.