Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have struggled with chronic fatigue my whole life. I also…

Hello Dr. David, I have...
Hello Dr. David, I have struggled with chronic fatigue my whole life. I also have Ehlers Danlos. I'm finding it very hard to get through the work day then take care of little ones at night. I was looking into provigil and wanted to see what your thought are. I would like to stay away from anti depressants. I am also having a hard time with focus due to dealing with a lot of stress right now.
7/18/2017
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

thanks for asking for me.

provigil is expensive and has very limited prescription indictations such as sleep disorder, shift work sleep disorder, narcolepsy, MS related fatigue.

fatigue from Ehlers danlos may be similar to MS related fatigue, but I'm not sure if it will be covered by your insurance.

you have to talk to your doctor about it.

medical marijuana could help possibly with your fatigue as well.

Have you heard of good success with medical marijuana and chronic fatigue? I actually have an appt coming up with the cannabis clinic in my area. Are there any other medications that have a good safety profile you would recommend? Does Nuvigil help with focus as well?

yes, medical marijuana can help some patients with chronic fatigue.

improving the diet, eating more protein and fruits and vegetables and eggs and nuts and cutting out gluten, pasta, bread, white flour, sugar, sodas, alcohol and regular exercise can help your focus as well

Thank you! I struggle with a great deal of muscle and joint pain and have resisted taking and pain medicine to manage my condition. I'm hoping cannabis will provide some relief. My muscles are in constant spasm.

cannabis is pretty amazing.

I am a cancer doctor and use it for many of my patients and have seen pretty remarkable benefits.

it can help relax muscle spasms as well

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Thank you! I greatly appreciate your insight

you are welcome.