Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What would the symptoms be for a septic gallbladder? no just…

What would the symptoms...

What would the symptoms be for a septic gallbladder?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No just alittle pain under ribs uncomfortable like a babys fist is pushing on my ribs? severe bloated stomach which I never had a tummy before this has been going on for over a year and I just got the hydis scan?? ! I have been diagnosied with dysfunctional gallbladder just wondering if I can make it functional again? ive read a lot on changing certain dietary things wondering if I could go naturally before removing it? I wonder if there is supplements to make more bile or help break down that fat that clearly is stuck in my gut! yikes

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No its has been there off and on over a year! I had sono grams ultra sound cat scan over the past year and a half! everything was coming back normal? I kept saying noooo this is not normal for me! I workout and eat I thought really good?! never fast food have wine on the weekends only! finally I saw my real doctor she said its yr gallbladder and sent me for the hydis scan and there it is!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Well when I went to doctors they first said I had ibs they did colonscopy I had a polup and it was ok, I have diverticulosis but not it is, and I had my appendix out 25 years ago?

7/17/2017
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

septic gall bladder would cause severe fevers and pain in the right upper abdomen and elevation of your WBC counts.

a little pain could be due to poor diet, alcohol use, mild inflammation of your gall bladder, a small gall stone.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

what is your height and weight?

I'm 55 female I'm 5'7 and I weigh 156pds I would have either a couple glasses of wine on a weekend night but never during week?

I see.

boating can be from gluten wheat protein which can irritate your bowels

gluten is in bread, white flour, cereal, pasta,

or could be due to Milk lactose sugar as well which can cause pain and distention.

nope I have had bread pasta nothing like this in months very little maybe a wrap and that not in months
ivetried to lose weight and it wont come off maybe a pound or two but my stomach would stay puffy?! driving me crazy I cyle 15 miles 2-3 x a week or do arc trainer, or swim I walk my dogs 2-3 mile in evening I don't know I'm thinking what do I do to fix this dysfunctional thing?! supplements eymzemes?
low fat and trying sugar free product too for awhile now only thing I would have some triscuits with hummus or some cheese chedder but only on weekend and not to much?
i was teste dback last year for silic and that was negative too

you should get blood testing to check your thyroid hormone levels

low thyroid hormone levels can affect your weight.

low fat foods is not the way to loose weight

sugar free foods are not food for you and trick your brain into eating more.

don't drink diet sodas.

you need to cut your carbohydrates out of your diet.

and eat more protein, fish, chicken, nuts, nut butters, eggs and fruits and vegetables and salads and cooked and roasted vegetables.

try to avoid proceeded and boxed foods.

keep exercising like what you are doing

and you will loose weight.

they checked that too its normal, hyis scan said dysfunctional gallbladder...just wondering if i can make it functioning correctly again and if i should take any supplement or anything to help break down fats other then changing my diet

that is good your thyroid hormone levels are normal

at your age of 55, you most likely are after your menopause.

loss of estrogen from your system can often cause slowing of metabolism and weight gain

you really have to cut down your calories to loose weight after your menopause

it can be done

if the HIDA scan showed dysfunctional gall bladder, you may need to have your gall bladder removed.

you should work on eating more fruits and vegetables and less processed foods. that can help your gall bladder.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

ok thank you I will rate this but the one question hasn't been answered is there anything I can do naturally to help create bile or whatever to break down the fat that the gallbladder isn't doing to its potential? other then fruits and veggies, and I added oatbran to my yogurt oinkos yogurt everyday too , which I do eat a lot of except only one fruit a day,,,,
I did its normal too?

that is fine to add oat bran to your yogurt

work on eating more protein.

I eat Fage 0% yogurt with real fruit and honey on top to get more protein.

eating more good fats like olive oils, avacados can help your system. cutting out fake sugars and diet foods can help

regular exercise can help your gall bladder as well.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
ok thank u ! for your time!
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician