Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I pulled another double dose accident. I think I took my 200…

I pulled another double dose...
I pulled another double dose accident.
I think I took my 200 mg lamotrigine around 8pm or 9pm
I took another 200 mg dose at 1:30 am.
I also took 50 mg of quitiapine and a .50 mg of xanax at 1:30 amI ate a strawberry fruit frozen bar.-not sure if it would have the same affects like grapefruit.Should I go to the ER or just chill out. I'm trying to drink a lot if water but I just ate so I'm full.
7/17/2017
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

There is no requirement for you to go the ER in absence of symptoms. You have not taken a toxic dose of the medication. In fact, in some patients, a dose of 500 mg may be required in a day for effective treatment. So, it is unlikely that you will have any complications due to this accidental double dose. You should relax.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you.

taking the quitiapine 50 mg of quitiapine and .50 xanax is okay?
I already took them with the lamotrigine
Oh no, I was incorrect, I took 400 mg of lamotrigine just now and maybe 400 at 8 or 9

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Xanax and lamotrigine can cause an increase in sedation and make you fall asleep. You should avoid activities requiring mental concentration and should sleep now. Even an 800 mg dose is not toxic, but please monitor your medication intake to avoid such accidental doses.

Take care.

Thank you.

Thank you. Have a good week

You are very welcome!

You too have a good week!

Thank you.

Dear customer,
Thank you.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor