Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Having severe right side pain which settles down from time

Customer Question

Having severe right side pain which settles down from time to time. It radiates from side through back directly below ribcage and now pain is moving to include left side of navel! No change with eating in pain level but increased gas. Also have a history of kidney stones, hiatal hernia & ulcers! Have made several ER trips with similar pain on left side and usually is stones! Wonder at what point i should do so this time?! Female age 56 and also painful to breathe or bend
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Having severe right side pain which settles down from time to time. It radiates from side through back directly below ribcage and now pain is moving to include left side of navel! No change with eating in pain level but increased gas. Also have a history of kidney stones, hiatal hernia & ulcers! Have made several ER trips with similar pain on left side and usually is stones! Wonder at what point i should do so this time?! Female age 56 and also painful to breathe or bend
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Smoke but no alcohol in 20yrs
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

This sounds like gall bladder inflammation. Pain in the right upper abdomen, which radiates to the center and goes to the back, increases on breathing, in your age group is most commonly due to gall bladder stones. Having said that, this can also be due to a peptic ulcer in the duodenum or kidney stones since you have a history of having had both in the past.

I would not delay this. And get medical attention as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.
Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.