Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I picked up a sofa and felt something pop in shoulder and

Customer Question

I picked up a sofa and felt something pop in shoulder and neck and have horrible pain since. I have been using ice, ibuprofen, naproxen and no relief. Not sure what to do.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: It's been 3 days and the the only time I get the other two is first thing in the morning and after using all day
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

It is most likely a muscular spasm or strain but since three days have already passed and you find no improvement with ibuprofen and naproxen, i would recommend you to see your doctor for thorough examination to rule out rotator cuff tear or any tendon rupture. Meanwhile continue ibuprofen, cold therapy, and apply capsaicin cream as well.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.