Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I was sleeping on chair for 8 hours, when i woke up i cait

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i was sleeping on chair for 8 hours , when i woke up i cait move my right hand upward .. no numbness
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Health is Good .. no issues
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no .. this never happened before .. anything like this
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

This is most likely due to a compressed radial nerve caused by an odd posture during sleep.Most of the times it gets better on its own in some hours. But in case it does not get better then do see a doctor to rule out any permanent compression.Meanwhile massage the whole arm gently with olive oil.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.