Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have severe internal pain they say is diabetic neuropathy.

Customer Question

I have severe internal pain they say is diabetic neuropathy. Can't sleep. Been to about 5 doctors who refuse to give me any opiate where can I go. I am 73 and not looking for a high just help with severe pain in my torso
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It started in October of last year sand has now speed to my right side of torso
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am diabetic and also had cancer twice
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have bad diabetic neuroopathy

have you tried medications like Neurontin (gabapentin) or Lyrica (pregabalin) which can help with diabetic neuropathy?

you should consult with a pain management doctor who can prescribe pain medications for you

medical marijuana could also help your pain but depends on what state you live in .