Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I think I have worms. I have something that looks like rice

Customer Question

I think I have worms. I have something that looks like brown rice in my stool and also thre up some yesterday. The VA has now given me the same medicine twicw. The bottle said it was for tapeworm. Should I be concerned or do you think that the second treatment will work
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I also had yellow globs in my stool
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: don't think so but when I threw up it was just like I ate the food there was no fluid that came up. Also my stool is hard like there is no bodily fluids
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 days ago.

I'm sorry you threw up some yesterday.

usually worms and parasites in your bowels causes very watery diarrhea until you get them treated.

bowel parasites are relatively rare in the USA, unless you drink river or lake water not cleaned.

it sounds like you are more likely to have a viral infection or food poisoning causing your symptoms

bowel irritation like from gluten, poor diet, milk, eating out can cause bowel irritation and yellow stools and nausea and vomiting sometimes.

improving your diet and eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and salads and lean protein and cutting out carbs and junk and fast food can help

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have small rice looking things in my stool and my stomach when I threw up. I don't eat rice
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 days ago.

small bits of chewed and digested foods can look like rice