Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Kind of odd,but during my ejaculation from sex tonight, I

Customer Question

kind of odd,but during my ejaculation from sex tonight, I got a major abdominal pain that led from the center to the right side
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I went for a walk afterward and it seemed to die down
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: well for the last 3 days my bowel movements haven't been as solid as they should be
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age?

Do you have increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am 20. Diarrhea and constipation have been a problem for the last 3 months or so. I feel like I need to pass gas, but it just won't come out. And my abdominal was tender while I had the pain. I laid down and it has since started to die down.During my walk, it felt like I needed to sit down because I felt like I needed to throw up

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is also kind of bubbly when I push on my right abdomen

Your symptoms are more suggestive of mild grade intestinal infection. During ejaculation, there is stimulation of parasympathetic nerves. Same nerves supply the intestines too and a mild grade infection may cause pain due to it. The other possibility can be prostate inflammation (prostatitis). This is a non STD infection. If this recurs, you may need a course of antibiotic.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

As we discussed, your symptoms can be due to prostatitis too.

This is a non STD prostate infection due to pyogenic organisms which causes referred pain. To confirm the diagnosis, following are helpful;

1) A digital rectal exam by doctor would elicit tenderness on prostate.

2) A urine culture

3) Semen culture

4) Culture of prostate fluid after prostate massage expressed from penis.

The culture tests not only confirms the infection and causative organisms but also tells about the most efficacious antibiotic to treat it.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.