Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I am 72 and was told years ago I had RLS. However any

I am 72 and was told years ago I had RLS. However any medication I have taken is not working - Pramipexole for years up to 6 tables a day- 25 mg each, now Requip 1 per day and I am unable to be still either sitting or laying down - my legs are in constant movement. Today I have been unable to be still since approx. 4 pm this afternoon.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am not allergic to any as far as I know. Today I have had medication for blood pressure, acid reflux, low dose aspirin, vitamin D, Caltrate,and 1 1/2 Requip tablet.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Don't think so, but have had 2 knee replacements.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am very sorry to hear you are suffering from severe RLS that is not responding to the current treatments. As a neurologist I very frequently diagnose & treat RLS and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so so much

You are very welcome! I will follow up with you very soon.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would rather not call.

Okay sure, we can continue with this text/chat format only. I am almost done with my typing I will follow up with you very soon.

Once again I am very sorry to hear you are tortured with severe rls that is not responding to your current treatments.

I see you are on requip now. First of all we can optimize the dose on this medication. This is an excellent medication for rls, some patients may require larger doses, so what you may consider is upping the dose and see whether the higher dose helps. The maximum you may try is about 8 mg/day for rls purpose. You may check the strength of requip what you have with you and slowly try to optimize the dose of requip as tolerated and as necessary, and as mentioned earlier you may slowly increase the dose up to about 8 mg per day

The above is one option to consider, if for some reason you do not want to try this and if you are looking for other treatment options then please consider one or more of the following treatment options too;

You may try one or more of the nutritional supplements mentioned below;

Iron supplements

Magnesium supplements

Folic acid supplements

The above nutritional supplements especially the iron and magnesium supplements are preferably started after checking their blood levels first

You may consider the following medications too;

Gabapentin

Pregabalin

Clonazepam

Lorazepam

Clonidine

Baclofen

Carbamazepine etc

If you have not tried the above then one or more of the above treatments too can be considered

To summarize once again;

1) First of all you may consider optimizing the dose of requip as mentioned above

2) If for some reason you do not want to try upping the dose, or it does not help even after upping the dose then you may try the other treatment options mentioned above, which consist of certain nutritional supplements as well as many commonly used medications for rls

I earnestly hope the above treatment options will help you in getting relief from this very severe rls.

Wishing you a quick & complete recovery! And also Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would rate you with an excellent +++. The Requip strength now is 0.25 and thank you, ***** ***** surely take another now then try going back to bed. My body is very tired from constant movement for the past 6 weeks. Thank you again. I wanted to be sure about taking more than 1 tablet a day.

You are very welcome! I am very glad you found the above information helpful!

I appreciate the compliments too!

Yes, please take more dose of requip and it can help, the maximum dose is upto about 8 mg per day so there is enough room with its dose.

Appreciate for the rating mentioning - as above!

All the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, please do not forget to kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. And the rating will not incur any separate charges to you.

The rating area (stars) is supposed to be at the top part of the question, if you do not see the rating area you may scroll up or down to see it, or try to refresh the page. If you are still not able to see the rating area (stars) or encountering any other technical glitches please let me know and I can bring it to the notice of the company so that they can try to fix this technical glitch.

Here is a link which shows how to rate the expert;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

If you have any additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did give you a great review. However, I did not say your help was (5 star) but that is exactly what I meant. I apologize

Hi, I appreciate for this additional information and clarification. And I am very sorry I could not reply earlier since I was away from the computer and just returned and thanks for the waiting.

Please, no need to apologize; I am very sorry for misinterpreting your statements earlier, so it was actually my mistake, I am the one who needs to apologize.

As a doctor my first goal is always to treat my patients and try to give them the best treatments and try to help them with my best. So I am much more concerned about your health rather than my rating. So I am curious to find out how you are doing now, how is the RLS, and how did the night go with the additional requip etc? Did it help you, are you feeling better after the extra dose or did it not help you?

If the extra dose has not helped you then you may try to slowly up the dose, of course the dose titration need to be done slowly so the body gets enough time to handle the increase in the doses, if requip alone helps fine, if it does not help sufficiently then you need to explore the various other treatment options I had mentioned earlier. Please see RLS can be treated & controlled very well, there are plenty of treatment options available so please not to lose hopes or not to get scared, please try to follow my recommendations I have provided in my notes to you, and whenever necessary please follow up with me again anytime and I will be very glad to continue to assist you as long as necessary with the management of the severe RLS that has been torturing you.

Wishing you a quick and complete recovery!

All the very best!

Best Wishes!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done this several times and although I truly appreciate your help, please stop sending me emails now.

Okay sure. This will be the last email from my side. This time I am just replying to your previous email and letting you know I will never send any further emails from my side. If company sends any emails you may please contact them directly, but after this last one - no more emails from my side.

Best Wishes!