Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

HOW MUCH VIT B12 AND VIT D OR A 54 YR OLD WOMAN, NO--BACOFEN

Customer Question

HOW MUCH VIT B12 AND VIT D OR A 54 YR OLD WOMAN
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: NO--BACOFEN AND CHLOZAPAM FOR MS
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: NO JUST HAVE mULTIPLE sCLEROSIS
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have inquired about the requirement of certain vitamins as above. As a neurologist I am very familiar with the daily requirement of vitamins and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Please see the recommended doses or intake of the vitamins you have mentioned above - for a 54 years old woman is as discussed bellow;

For vitamin B 12 – 2.4 mcg/day, Maximum/day - there is no maximum daily limits for this vitamin

Vitamin D–600 units IU/day, Maximum/day - 4000 IU/day.

Since you have MS you may take more than the usual daily intake, for example around 1000 IU/day is what is commonly recommended for patients with MS. Vitamin D is known to help MS patients so taking higher than the usual daily dose is recommended in your case since you have MS.

Vitamin A – 2300 IU/day, Maximum/day - 10,000 IU/day

The above are the daily requirements of the various vitamins you have mentioned above and the above numbers take into consideration of your age, gender and your health condition of MS too.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, have you received the answer I have posted above, and have you had a chance to go through the above answer?

Do you have any additional questions? Do you want to discuss this further Re: Requirement of vitamins? Please let me know and I am available here.

And please do not forget to kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. And the rating will not incur any separate charges to you.

The rating scale (stars) is supposed to be at the top part of this question, if you do not see the rating area you may scroll up or down to see it, or try to refresh the page. If you are still not able to see the rating area (stars) or encountering any other technical glitches please let me know and I can bring it to the notice of the company so that they can try to fix this technical glitch.

If you have any additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!