Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have pinched neve in back whichmis gradually numbing my

Customer Question

I have pinched neve in back whichmis gradually numbing my legs. Toes of L foot hurt. What kind of doctor shd I see?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Yes swelling if L foot and slight discoloration in L ankle
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 80 , have COPD and former smoker. My general doc says put foot up to relive swelling.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated history of Diabetes,hypertension?

Pain in leg?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Is swelling on foot tender,warm to touch?

Is swelling,discoloration spreading upwards?

Are you taking any medications?

Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No Diabetes or hypertension. Heart is OK
Was told by doc at least 5 yrs ago that pinched nerve in back would lead to non use of my L leg.
I am active. no walker or other problems. Have done lifting of heavy loads for yrs.Yes, pain in L leg off/on for 3 yrs. L foot is Not warm or tender to touch. But periodically all toes
hurt bad then pain subsides. Discoloration is due to broken capillaries in ankle. Spreads from foot
upward to ankle.
Yes, meds are numerous. nothing new in last few years.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just want to know what specialist I shd see concerning this situation. My general doctor does not answer my questions.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes include -

Lumbar radiculopathy -compression of lumbar nerves or sacral nerves results in pain,numbness on affected area where they supply.Neurologist is specialist to treat such cases.
Peripheral arterial disease /Venous insufficiency.As you have swelling,discoloration on ankle and foot.Vascular specialist is experienced to treat such cases.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for yr time. I will consult another doctor. Can not afford 50 $ at this time. Goodbye.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 3 months ago.

You needn't to pay extra 50$.

You can continue our conversation in chat mode.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.