Nicholas Merwood
Nicholas Merwood,
Experience:  Pharmacist at Next Step - Drug & Alcohol Office
90023240

I took a prework supplement for the first time after

Customer Question

Hi. I took a prework supplement for the first time after skipping 2 doses of extended release guanfacine. I also had taken something called extenze liquid shots that have yohimbe and maca root. My blood pressure spike to a level of 190/99 and a pulse of 160
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I took a Xanax which is prescribed. Usually take 2 mgs.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is it ok to take guafacine xr 4mg or propranolol to lower the heart rate. But when I called the nutrition company they said prework ours drinks sometimes act as amphetamines. And I ready beta blockers with amphatmines are dangerous. What do I do
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
13 July 2017 11:25 Is it ok to take guafacine xr 4mg or propranolol to lower the heart rate. But when I called the nutrition company they said prework ours drinks sometimes act as amphetamines. And I ready beta blockers with amphatmines are dangerous. What do I do
Expert:  Nicholas Merwood replied 5 days ago.

Hello - it is true that some of these supplements can have similar effects to stimulants. What's even more concerning is that every now and then, when the actual composition of these supplements is analyzed by independent authorities; some of them are found to contain amphetamine like compounds which are banned such as DMAA. There is some data suggesting that the administration of beta-blockers to someone who has taken an amphetamine or amphetamine like substance can cause severe hypertension (high blood pressure). Your blood pressure is dangerously high, and it warrants a trip to your local emergency department for further observation and management. Therefore my recommendation is that you go to an emergency department as soon as possible. Thank you and I hope you feel better soon. If you are happy with my advice please accept my answer and give me a rating.

Expert:  Nicholas Merwood replied 2 days ago.

Hi there - I noticed that you have still not had time to accept my answer. This is the only way that we get remunerated so I would like to politely ask that you do so if you are happy with my advice. Thanks and have a great day/night.