Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have a soft tissue mass in my forearm that has

Customer Question

I have a soft tissue mass in my forearm that has calcification and is eroding my bone. I had a core needle biopsy yesterday at a cancer institute in the area and after the first sample a pathologist came in and the radiologist went with them he said to see if we needed more samples. He came back into the room about 10 minutes later and took 6 more samples. What is the pathologist
Looking for in those few minutes to decide if they need more? Do they know immediately it is cancer and need more to find out what kind? At first I wasn't too nervous about the biopsy because the pain started a few months ago and then a lump formed but now it no longer hurts but the mass has gotten larger. Everything I have read says pain gets worse if it's cancer not better so I wasn't too worried but now I really am. What Benign soft tissue masses could cause bone erosion and have calcification?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

A benign mass can cause bone erosion due to pressure.

The demand for more tissue material is usually a common phenomenon as pathologist is unable to comment about the tissue. So asking for more samples is a common occurrence.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you

You are very welcome.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/