Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I take metoprolol and Xanax prn had several anxiety attacks

Customer Question

I take metoprolol and Xanax prn had several anxiety attacks today. Okay to take both?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Menopause brought on the anxiety attacks. Was put on celexa and Xanax. Few months later had a slight arithmeia and was put on the metoprolol. So took a Xanax at 8 am and another at930 pm
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: That's it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am very sorry to hear to hear you are having several anxiety attacks today and you have inquired whether it is okay to take Metoprolol and Xanax both to control these attacks. As a neurologist I am very familiar with this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Once again I am very sorry to hear you have been having several anxiety attacks today and you are wondering whether it is okay to take both Metoprolol and Xanax to control these attacks.

The answer to your question is Yes, Metoprolol & Xanax can be taken together safely and these two drugs are not expected to produce any serious or major drug interactions. There are no known contraindications to use these 2 drugs together. There are patients who have taken these two medications together and our clinical experience shows there are no major or serious drug interactions or adverse reactions that are known to occur when these 2 drugs are used together.

Once again I reassure you Metoprolol & Xanax can certainly be used together safely, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, have you received the answer I have posted above, and have you had a chance to go through the above answer?

You can certainly combine or take together Metoprolol and Xanax – as mentioned earlier above.

Do you have any additional questions? Do you want to discuss this further? Please let me know and I am available here.

And please do not forget to kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. And the rating will not incur any separate charges to you. The rating area (stars) is supposed to be at the top part of the question, if you do not see the rating area you may scroll up or down to see it, or try to refresh the page. If you are still not able to see the rating area (stars) or encountering any other technical glitches please let me know and I can bring it to the notice of the company so that they can try to fix this technical glitch.

If you have any additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!