Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

Immediately after eating today, my throat got very sore. It

Customer Question

Immediately after eating today, my throat got very sore. It has almost a raw feeling. The meal was home made and has ground beef, onion and garlic powders, tomato paste, terragon, red wine (cooked), corn, and mashed potatoes. Could it be something in the food causing that?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 12 days ago.

If the sore throat occurred immediately after the meal, then most probably it id due to allergic reaction to something in the meal. It can be a food product or oil or spices, anything. Rarely, the sore throat might be seasonal.

Try doing warm saline gargles and take any anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or simple tylenol. If symptoms worsen, then you need to show to a doctor.

Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your answer. I've also been having a lot of post nasal drip and the sore throat is continuing today. Is it still lamely due to an allergy from the food?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, I meant likely, not lamely.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 11 days ago.

If you are having post nasal drip with a sore throat, then it might not be due to the food, but due to seasonal allergies. Again, warm saline gargles will help. If you have an allergy medicine, that should take care of both the symptoms.

Regards