Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had knee replacement surgery about 7 years ago. Have had

Customer Question
problems ever since. Trouble...
I had knee replacement surgery about 7 years ago. Have had problems ever since. Trouble bending and straightening my knee. Had a scope to clean out scar tissue, but still can't straighten my leg. This is starting to cause back trouble. What can be done to straighten my leg?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: It's hard to tell it has always been bigger then my other knee. But I have iced it and nothing changes.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have kidney disease and take blood pressure pills
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
7/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

have you considered a revision surgery?

I hate to have to go through that again, but that might be the only solution. But what is to guarantee this won"t happen again?

There is no guarantee

The question is can you live with it like it is.

If so, then there is nothing you should do.
if you can't then you have to have surgery.

It is the only option

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I can't call now I have an appointment. Can I call later this afternoon?

i can't provide a call now but we can chat later here

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor