Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I am 5 foot 8" 180 lbs 37 year old male and I can't wrap my

I am 5 foot 8" 180 lbs
37 year old male and I can't wrap my head around why I am fat I should be and used to be around 165 lbs and before my late 20's a pretty constant 155lbs .
Now I'm eating less and when I do eat I don't eat as nutritious as I used to but I don't eat much and I don't eat fast food etc o have man Boobs too now not extreme but definitely noticeable to me , doesn't make sense cause I never exercsised much and all I had to do to keep myself in the target weight I desired , slim basically was adjust my diet diet I ate a lot more when I was slim and I ate a lot of different thibgs I basically ate Every thing but always eating healthier less fattening stuff more then other syuff lole I always ate pizza McDonald's etc but never in excess and if I ate it more then usual it be noticeable in my weight and quality of my bowel movement whicb is all screwed up still I don't get it coild my metabolism hace come to a screeching hault at 37 years old ? I been over weight like this is say a year maybe 2 according to him calculator I am somewhere in the 30 lbs over weight range for my height age etc what cam I do who can u go see what type of tests can be done to see if I am overweight for a reason other then overeating which I definitely am not doing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Basically I'm.over weight without a clear explanation and my appetite is definitely way less then used to be yet I'm way heavier then I ever been thyroid was also checked

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry that you are concerned about your increased weight. Since your Thyroid was tested and in the normal range, there is another explanation. It is not that you are eating more, but you are eating too many carbohydrates (sugars). Our bodies burn food in a certain order. First, available carbs, then stored fats and last muscle in the form of protein. Exercise helps to increase metabolism and burn more calories. May I suggest you try the following for 2 weeks. Eat only fish (broiled, baked or steamed), green leafy vegetables, salads but only with vinegar or lemon juice, chicken (without the skin) baked, broiled. No oil, fat or sugar of any kind. No flour products. Eat until you are satisfied. You will lose 6-8 lbs. If you add 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercise daily, you can lose an additional 2-4 pounds. It's not so much how much you eat, but what you eat.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Any additional thoughts?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I follow that meal plan I will lose that much weight that fast

Yes you will, but the caveat is no cheating, not even a little. Also, drink at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water daily.